Longford has a long tradition of volunteering and we believe that Longford is a great place to continue that tradition. Volunteering enriches both the individual and the community and puts giving at the heart of how we all should live.
We provide a range of services for volunteers, where you can:
- Find out about volunteering opportunities without having to make a commitment
- Get information on volunteering opportunities
- Talk to someone on the how, why and where of volunteering
- Get ongoing support and advice if you want it
We also provide a range of services to volunteer involving organisations:
- If you need volunteers we will try and source them for you
- We can visit you and help with any issues about taking on volunteers for the first time, or to review current procedures
- We will come and talk to you about anything to do with volunteering, such as references, good practice, expenses ... and much more
- We provide a Garda Vetting Service for volunteer involving organisations who do not have an authorised signatory in their organisation.
- We don't charge for the majority of our services and we keep things confidential. Have a look around our web site, it is full of information on volunteering and volunteer development and is updated regularly.
We look forward to working with you.
Longford Volunteer Centre is affiliated to Volunteer Ireland - The National Volunteer Development Agency and a support body for Volunteer Centres and Volunteer Information Services in Ireland. Longford Volunteer Centre is project managed by Longford Community Resources Clg.