Guide to Filling out a Volunteer Vacancy Form
We have included a few guidelines here for filling out our vacancy registration form and we would appreciate it if you could take some time to read them.
As a volunteer involving organisation it is important that you get the right person for the role you are advertising for, so spending a little bit of time filling out your role description, can really pay off and save you a lot of time and energy further down the line.
Do remember that we can have well over a hundred vacancies on the website at any one time. Potential volunteers will select roles that give them the most detail about the work they will be doing, as well as the roles that sound attractive and enjoyable.
- Be sure to give the correct contact person who will be responsible for contacting and dealing with volunteers once your ad is posted on our site.
- Always give a clear title for the volunteer role e.g. Activities Assistant, Website Designer, Bus Driver.
- When giving details on the tasks to be undertaken by the volunteer please give us clear and specific information. This equally applies for the skills and qualities required for the role. Remember the more information you give us, the better your chances of recruiting successfully.
- Please fill out all the questions on the registration form. This includes the sections on extra supports available to the volunteer in the role e.g. training, supervision etc and administration issues e.g. out of pocket expenses, insurance. You may need to consult other staff members on some of these questions before filling out the form.
- Please give specific details on your screening procedures for the role you are recruiting for.
- Finally, when detailing a minimum age, please ensure that the age mentioned does not potentially discriminate against volunteers that would be suitable for the role. We won’t be able to advertise vacancies for adults if the minimum age is greater than 18 years old without a valid reason been given. Please note that age is not a reliable indicator of maturity!